MUSLIN No 1
I may live to regret this but I’ve had a small glass of rose (it’s Friday for me) so am feeling slightly braver than usual.
I’ve just cut out and made up Version 1 in the Holly jumpsuit from By Hand London. If you’re wondering why, it’s all in a good cause (or so I’m still trying to convince myself!) – See Chris’s post HERE.
This really is a put-on smile! I cut a size 18 top and waist and graded it down to a 16 at the hips (UK sizes)
Make what you will of these photos but this is what I’ve taken away from tonight’s learning curve.
- I’m broader across the back than I actually feel like in real life.
- Maybe I should try version 2 and not show so much flesh – after all I live in the UK not some tropical country!
- I need to add aprox 1 inch to the length of the body at the front – the back’s actually ok when I pull it up – I’d only pinned the front of the bodice to my bra at the front and not added straps so the backs falling down a bit.
- It’s really comfy! But I look a bugger as I’m sat still wearing it writing up this post.
- My husband said it looked ‘nice’ – he’s usually very honest. But he did remark it was a bit long in the leg. I think I’d worked that one out, particularly when I nearly tripped and fell down the stairs.
- It’s more flattering on my tummy than I anticipated – I think I’ll make a pair of trousers in these – the snug fit on the bum isn’t too bad considering I’m not wearing any underwear with magical powers.
So how’s your Jumping into June? Are you thoughts taking shape or are they still in your head?!
I think I’ll push ahead with this version despite probably not being able to get a lot of wear out of it. It won’t take long and I won’t go mad with expensive fabric…. Dewsbury here I come………..
MUSLIN NO. 2
I got a little confused and added my first post for Jumping in June as a page. So I’ve decided to add to it, but mainly just photos. For the full post on Muslin No. 2 click HERE. thanks!
I’ve chosen my fabric! But then the next day I made this top with it! Oops. I did buy 3m instead of 2 1/2 as per the pattern, so hopefully I’ll still have enough!
More Fabric Shopping!
I returned to Fabworks down Dewsbury – I’d left it too late to order anything online – and found this drapey flowery fabric with a really soft feel. 3m at only £6 a metre – an hour hour later it was washed and on my washing line!
The legs pieces are huge!! I didn’t have much left after I’d cut out all the pieces.
Rory helped with the cutting out and measuring”
At one point I wondered if I should have a thigh length split….hahaha….only joking!
I’ve written the full post up of how I took my leap of faith and Jumped into June!! Click here to see the full postt and also a few more sedate photos!