At the start of the year we heard some amazing news – the hubby’s God-Daughter was expecting a baby! And now I had a real and proper reason now to make my first quilt.
I sweated over this for hours, and had sleepless nights and there weren’t even any fitting issues involved. I did discover when I went shopping that I needed a pattern and couldn’t just buy fabric willy nilly!
I came home with these lovely little lot after my Spoolette’s Meet Up at the Fabbadashery:
And 3 months later I had this!
I had quite severe brain ache whilst making this.
Not the actual sewing, more of what colours to use:
I finally chose these, and after much googling the pattern of the disappearing 9 square.
Then I needed to choose the layout of my squares ones I’d chopped the into quarters:
The quilting design:
I made myself a piece to practice on
And practice I did!
And the binding:
And lastly, the easy bit – embroider her name – I’m glad I didn’t have to choose that too!!