It’s my first year taking part in MMMay as last year I would have had the washing machine on none stop as I did’t have enough me made garments to get me through the week never mind the month.
So here I am in my Rookie week of Me Made May!
1. Just a day of mooching around, catching up on things and shopping. Wore my Newlook Top made with a soft viscose Jersey.
2. On day 2 I made my Morris blazer in the morning (wearing my dressing gown! – not me made hence no photo), but then in the afternoon we went to the cricket club for a bite to eat and then out shopping to buy a sofa! I wore my new blazer of course with my one and only Polly Top from BHL.
3. What a cold a miserable day the 3rd of May was! Out came my favourite Coco from Tilly and the Buttons.
4. Things brightened up on Bank Holiday Monday and I did too! Here’s a top I made using a pattern from an old Prima magazine.
5. I had to go to work (sad face). I wear a uniform for work but usually go in my civies as 12+hours with steel toe cap boots on is too long. I went in one of my first ever renfrew tops (unblogged) and jeans (I will wear something else when the weather warms up, honest!)
My uniform sort of counts for MMMay too – we are issued with a fleece jacket and a fluorescent jacket. As I work on the response car I’m too warm in a jacket, so modified my fleece into a gilet. I’ve since done one more for a colleague and have 2 more requests!
6. Another work day (only 2 this week, yippee!) and it was so cold setting off to work at 5:30 am. I wore another Coco, and my lovely snuggly armed knitted scarf.
7. Golf… our first A team match of the season. I had to wear my team T shirt but wore my simplicity amazing fit trousers. The trousers are aptly named. Every time i put them on I’m amazed they still fit me, thanks goodness for stretch cotton!
Afterwards it’s all very civilised and we had to change for a 2 course dinner – ham & egg pie and chips – yum yum!! I wore my Dahlia dress. I’ve not worn this for ages, and looking at the photos it makes my want to get it out of the wardrobe a little more often!
Me Made May has made me realise my main short fall in my wardrobe is ‘bottoms’ for colder weather. I need more me made trousers and jeans, but I’ll take care of that later, in time for Autumn because I have a feeling summer’s going to be a scorcher this year!