Me-Made-May continues for many of us and we’re over half way! Most of us are learning about gaps in our wardrobes and I’m no exception. What I’ve discovered is I live in my RTW jeans nearly all the time. Luckily I have quite a lot of me made tops, and also a few skirts and dresses, but when the weather is a naff has it has been so far this month, a girls legs need to be covered. I think it’s time I stuck my Ginger Jeans pattern together. I’ve already printed off.
Enough rambling, here’s day 8 to now of my me made May….. (I may struggle to remember what I was up to when some of these photos were taken… all my days seems to be merging into one!)
11. Aw…love this, another Newlook 6127
12. A cold and miserable day. I wore my Colette Albion – this has definitely been a worthwhile make – worn it so much, not just in May! With a top I made hacking the t shirt pattern from the GBSB book 2.
13. What a difference a day can make! I wore my Lekala sun dress which was originally a muslin for my Valentine dress but turned out ok. It’s not hemmed, just overlocked, but only me knows! Bit blurred I’m afraid, the camera mustn’t be used to sunshine!
14. Cricket for a change, and it was freeeeeeezing! I wore a vest (RTW), another vest (RTW), my newlook 6217 linen top, my Oslo Cardigan (finished the night before, hidden under layers but had to wear it!), my Colette Albion, and my big crocheted cosy heart shawl. Phew! That was a lot of clothes, but they were needed!
15. Another Renfrew with Jeans, and some stretch woven black pants-ish made with my sewing cake espresso leggings pattern, plus an inch all the way round. Wear these a lot for golf as they look smart-ish.
16. A cropped Coco jumper. This was originally cover the bum length but one day I needed a short jumper so hacked and hemmed it!
17. This is a T Shirt refashion – it was origally all stripes and on the reverse side it was flowery. I chopped it in half, turned it and stitched it back on! Excuse belly sticking out. And also miserable just about to start a night shift face! Oh! And not forgetting the Oslo!
18. Yesterday I wore my drapey Athena Top from Gray Day Patterns. This is unblogged as it was made when I was pattern testing. Worn with, yes you guessed, good old Olso!
19. This is a cowl neck top that I made at the back end of 2013. I whipped it up in a morning before I met some friends in the afternoon. Comfy and easy to wear. Something else that looks good with my Oslo Cardi.
Mmmm. What else I have learnt. I wear a lot of stripes. I need more cardigans! And it just so happens I’ve nearly finished the Cabernet Cardigan from Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick (top pic’!). Must dash, just got another 4 buttons to sew on! Might be able to put Oslo in the wash tomorrow!