Hello! Hope you’ve all had a wonderful week. Mine’s been a bit mixed – a bit like the weather. I’d been stung in the face by hail stones and 3 days later been sun burnt!
A little mention about Sunday Sevens…. Natalie from Threads and Bobbins thought this for us to write a post to include 7 photos from your week. It’s great to get an insite into what we all get up to outside of the sewing room. I particularly like to see photos of where my blogging friends live – not their houses – just what the landscapes are like round and about. It makes it a bit more real as I often feel it’s a bit weird having ‘virtual friends’!
1. The week can only get better from here. It had been a bright blustery day, but at 5.08 pm as I teed off the heavens opened and it blew a gail! I was so fed up, but had to battle on for the team! Needless to say I won! But it did get worse – we usually have a meal after our team matches, but their captain in her wisdom thought we’d just want to get straight off afterwards so didn’t organise any food!
2. Hope you don’t get fed up of the cricket photos, but apart from sewing and going to work I don’t do a lot else in the summer. It’s not a bad way to spend time, especially as rain stops play – wish it did the same for golf! This is at Hopton Mills in Mirfield – for those of you who are local.
3. When out for a walk I spotted these and immediately thought of Amanda – I bet you wouldn’t be able to resist leap frogging over this!
4. Harrison played in his first match for the Yorkshire Under 13’s B team. This was at Londesborough Park, East Yorkshire. An amazing setting. The umpires were ready, waiting for the boys to come out to play!
5. After been up all day watching the cricket I had to go work a night shift (yawn, yawn). It’s awful staying up all day and all night, but it puts you in good stead for girls weekends away – I can manage on very little sleep when required! The welcome sunrise meant it was nearly time to go home! This was taken as I left Meltham in Huddersfield and was dropping down into Milnsbridge.
6. Rory was laid on the sofa recharging her batteries! (assisted by some creative cropping of the photo!)
7. Hubby sat having his brekkie in the garden – no it wasn’t that warm but he likes to admire his handy work!
Hope you’ve all had a productive week! I’m hoping for my last night shift tonight to be a quiet one. This morning I got a late job so ended up working a 13 1/2 shift. Not good for the beauty sleep or keeping up to date with my blog reading. With a bit a luck I’ll be able to catch up and see what you’ve all been up to this week!