Gosh, it’s only 1 sleep until our meet up in Dewsbury. I can’t believe how fast the last month has gone when I first posted about it! It came about originally as I’d been planning to meet up with Amanda from Sew Deputy and we decided to open it up to anyone who fancied a little fabric shopping and a natter in Dewsbury!
And now there’s going to be 15 of us meeting up! Yay! Can’t wait to meet you all. Here’s the roll call:
- Rachel from Is It Fitting?
- Fiona from Seams Straight Forward
- Dee – Fiona’s friend
- Jeanie from Love That Sewing
- Hannah from Handmade by Hannah
- Margaret from The Crafty Creek
- Amanda & her daughter Annice, from Sew Deputy
- Katrina from Rolling Eyeballs
- Neela from Sew Fusion
- Corrine from Appleby Makes
- Helen – my golfing and sewing buddy – no blog (YET!)
- Katharine – a keen sewer & final year Uni student who’s heard about our meet up and would like to feature it in her final year dissertation!
Just a couple of things to be aware of…
- Fabworks takes cards, but Lucky Fashions and the market will be cash only. (Thanks Hannah for thinking to ask this!).
- Parking is only £2 for up to 5 hours, but then is £4 for over 5 hours. Still much cheaper than places like Leeds city centre, but I’m not sure how long we’ll be!?!? I’ve got ALL day, and told my hubby to go to his mums for tea!
- Dewsbury isn’t an affluent place and it won’t be like having a shopping trip to York with lots of lovely tea rooms. But saying that Dewsbury folk are the ‘salt of the earth’ and we will have a good day!
- The coffee shop where we are meeting has an upstairs so when you walk in don’t be panic stricken if no one looks like they are sewers. What do sewers look like!!!!????
I’m going to aim to get there a bit early, around 10am. With there now being more of us we will soon fill the place, especially as it will be busy already as it’s market day. Hopefully we’ll all squeeze in.
I think if we have coffee there we can have a bite to eat later at Weatherspoon. I don’t think there’s anywhere else that will be able to fit us all in.
I was wondering if I should put my number on here for you all, and after some diliberation I’ve decided that if anyone gets down to reading this far then they’re coming and may need it! My numbers 07891xxxxxx. Please drop me a text with yours (if you wish) and also use it tomorrow if you’re lost, late, or just to say Hi and you’re on your way!
Can’t wait to meet you all!
If you would like a print out of the map I made to bring along to help you find your way, here it is: