Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today is such a treat! It’s my first full weekend off in 4 weeks! H is at Nanny & Grandpa’s, hubby’s still knocking out the zzzzz’s after we had a late night at a wedding do (oops, wrote weeding do first!! no it wasn’t a garden party!), and now i’m just going to quickly do my Sunday Sevens before I knock together another Dimpsy T. And we have absolutely NOTHING planned for today!! Well, maybe just watch the first team play the semi finals of a cup match, see mum in law and do all the washing……so not much really!
Here’s my week in 7 photos. I must say that at first (19 weeks ago!!) I found it hard to gather together 7 photos. Now I always have too many and I love looking back at my pix of the last week.
1. Driving through Halifax we saw a couple in an old Morris 1000 who’d just got married! I couldn’t get a photo from the front, but they did look lovely!
2. There’s usually a pic’ from the golf course in my Sunday Sevens and this week is no exception. I’ve had to increase the exposure so you can just about spot this little fella in the tree! Not a very good photo, sorry, as I got closer he didn’t scarper but he did hide behind some branches so I couldn’t take a close up. He must be shy!
3. What a View! This was taken on a road called Albert Promenade in Halifax. I was stood by, sat eating a bacon buttie on a bench enjoying the view, looking across to Sowerby Bridge. If any of you in the UK saw the series “Happy Valley” with Sarah Lancaster in, then this is the valley! If you didn’t see it it’s worth watching on catch-up. A bit gruesome in parts but very enthralling!
4. H going out to bat. We travelled up North for Yorkshire to play Northumberland. We got them all out for 38, so our innings to bat was very short lived.
5. As we’d travelled quite a distance (only 2 1/4 hours for us!) they decided to play a 20-20 match as the first game was over so quick and the boys weren’t ready for home. I escaped for an hour and went to John Lewis in Newcastle. We don’t have one near me but I believe we’re getting one in Leeds next year! The fabric’s a bit pricey, but great quality and usually up to date with RTW clothes on the high street, so worth a visit if there’s a sale on!
6. Driving back I asked H to take a picture of the Angel of the North – this is the best one!!!! Click on the link to see what you’ve missed!!
7. Me, hubby and Holly Jumpsuit having a night out!! Must say Holly’s a good dancer!! I’m aching this morning!!
The ‘feature photo’ is an update on the kitchen! This week the range cooker has been professionally cleaned and looks like new, the spotlights in the ceiling are in, and it’s had a couple of coats of paint. The kitchen is being delivered next Friday and I have one very excited Mummy!!
Sunday Sevens?? Still not sure what’s going on?? SS is the brainchild of Natalie over at Threads and Bobbins – it’s your week (yes it could be yours too if you fancy joining in!) in 7 photos. Natalie’s very organised and even collates it all together on Pinterest. Often we do things that don’t warrant a blog post of their own, but it’s still nice to share them we your blogging buddies!